Friends of Richmondshire Choral Society
Our Friends or Richmondshire Choral Society group is for those wonderful people, usually part of our audiences, who like and support what we do but, for a variety of reasons, are not part of our singing choir. The main purpose of the Friends is to provide the choir with a little extra financial support to enable it to perform at a high standard with good professional soloists and musicians. However, we accept that the Friends should also see some other benefits specific to them. We have set two levels of Friendship and the benefits associated with each are listed below.
Silver – donation £20 – £50 per single person or £35 – <£90 for two people at the same address, with the following benefits:
- A membership card to show you are a Friend
- A Friends Newsletter in August and February to inform you of the choir’s plans
- Name listed in concert programmes (optional)
- An invitation to attend the final afternoon rehearsal for our concerts
- A free programme on production of your membership card
- An invitation to attend the choir social evening (at Friend’s own expense)
Gold - donation of £50 or more per single person or £90+ for two people at the same address, with the benefits listed above plus:
- Free concert refreshments for you and a guest
Membership will normally be for one year renewable on 1 September, though with the cancellation of all events and gatherings during the Covid-19 pandemic we are pleased to extend the current membership period until 31 August 2021.
As a Friend you may request a copy of the annual accounts to ensure transparency in our financial affairs.
The Friends membership will be overseen by a member of our committee, who will be given the role of Friends Secretary.
If you are interested in joining our Friends you can either email our Friends Secretary from the link above or downoad an application form.
An even greater level of support could be provided by becoming a Concert Sponsor. This would involve a one-off donation for a particular concert towards the cost of something specific such as a soloist’s or musician’s fee or the hire of an instrument such as a harpsichord when necessary.
Details of suggested sponsorship will be published in the Friends’ Newsletters, or contact the Friends Secretary for information on potential sponsorship opportunities without becoming a Friend.
Concert sponsorship will be for a minimum of £150 towards the cost of a specific concert with the following benefits:
- Name in programme and thanks from the platform if desired
- Thanks on our website if desired
- An opportunity to meet the sponsored artist or player of the sponsored instrument if at all possible (dependent upon the artist’s availability)